Camp will be August 7-11, 2017
with August 13th Final performance
Perfect for a whole band or ensemble, or anyone interested in the music industry, this one-week summer boot camp will benefit your group and take you to a new professional level. At the end of the week you will have:
- Developed a band contract/agreement with your band-mates
- Created a web presence with both social media and music websites
- Learned how to prepare for a recording studio session
- Produced a professional studio recording of at least one song
- Organized a performance set that engages the audience
- Enhanced your group’s image
- Professional photos to use in your promotional material
- Improved stage presence and other star-worthy skills
- Gained valuable insight and coaching from music business experts
- Learn how to release music on iTunes, Spotify, and the like
- Guaranteed your band a performance slot at the Music is Art Festival
Participants will gain basic job skills such as punctuality, hard work, discipline, collaboration, and team work. Powerful life skills will be learned and absorbed throughout the week.
The cost of this 6-day program is $150 per person. A limited number of full and partial scholarships are available.
Four boot camp days will take place at Villa Maria College (240 Pine Ridge Road, Buffalo). One boot camp day will be at GCR Audio (564 Franklin Street, Buffalo). And the final performance will be on Sunday at Mohawk Place (47 E Mohawk Street, Buffalo). Students are responsible for their own transportation.